We are deeply involved in the local legal community and the community at large. One of our primary missions is to promote justice and protect the rights of individuals in the civil legal system. We do this in a variety of ways.
- We provide pro bono and low bono services related to legal messenger, service of legal process, and private investigations.
- We are active with the local volunteer lawyer program, LAW Advocates.
- We offer a local attorney referral service. A portion of the proceeds are donated to LAW Advocates.
- We offer online CLE products. A portion of the proceeds are donated to LAW Advocates.
- We volunteer in a variety of ways in LAW Advocates activities.
- Access ID
- The Kinship Clinic
- Membership on the Board of Directors
- Lawyers Take Orders (annual fund raising event)
- Various committees
- We are a member of Sustainable Connections and support the Buy Local concepts they promote.
Following are links to possible sources of legal assistance in the Whatcom and Skagit counties.
Whatcom County Attorney Referral Service – Designed to assist people of moderate means to locate a qualified attorney in the Whatcom County area. Attorneys on the service provide a half hour free consultation. This is not a free service and is not designed for people seeking free legal assistance.
LAW Advocates – Legal Assistance by Whatcom (LAW) Advocates is a non-profit organization which interviews and refers eligible low-income Whatcom County residents to a panel of local attorneys, who volunteer their time to provide free or low cost civil legal help. A family law staff attorney provides help in domestic violence cases. Interpreter services are available on site.
Northwest Justice Project – Are you looking for legal aid programs and self-help materials that provide information about civil legal problems in Washington state?
Whatcom County Law Library – The Law Library serves the citizens and legal community of Whatcom County. Our mission is to provide access to current legal research materials and referral to other agencies.
Skagit Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services – Our web site offers information about domestic violence and sexual assault. However, we are not able to provide individual advice via e-mail. People wanting information or needing assistance are advised to contact us via phone.
Skagit County Law Library – Welcome to the law library.